Monday, September 30, 2013

Coraline

Question: Coraline was a very strange story. She kept on going to explore and left the house for a while. When she found these new parents of whom she didn't know of, she stayed in their house. While describing them, she made them sound scary and mean. Why would she stay in a house with two people you don't know who have black button eyes? Another question I would ask is how old Coraline is? I do not know of any parents who don't care about their child and let them go exploring in the woods by themselves at a young age.

Comment: I enjoyed the comic version of the book a lot better than the original. The pictures help out during a reading because they draw the actual setting out for a reader so it is a lot easier to understand the material. In Coraline they described how the house looked on the inside and on the outside. With the help of the pictures I was able to draw the real picture in my head as if I was actually partaking in the reading. Another thing I enjoyed was the whole suspense. Out of everyone I've read in life, these are the most interesting kinds of stories because they make the reader want to keep going until the most dramatic part occurs.

Critique: Overall I considered this reading to be very interesting and it got my attention. The only thing I would have to comment on is that it doesn't give enough detail. I would like to know the reason why Coraline doesn't like when people say Caroline and also how she escapes from her fake parents. The story doesn't give much information just tells you everything that happens without any detail or reasoning for why this certain event is occurring. Her parents sounded very scary I would've liked to find out where they came from and what they wanted from Coraline.

No comments:

Post a Comment